Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SOME LIKE IT HAUTE part 1

So... This is an early start to blog about collections, but I just couldn't help it. The "haute" session for spring/summer season has started, and the first shows are from Paris. I just couldn't think of a general trend to talk about because all the designers' shows are really different from each other. Diversity, yes. So I decided to write about ALL (I mean almost all, have mercy!) the haute-shows in plusieurs posts. But detailed, for sure. Here comes Part One.

Armani Privé
Wow. Just wow. This is one of the most avant-garde shows I've ever seen, and since I'm a die-hard fan of avant-garde, I'm in love with the collection.
 Love the glowy chiffon-ish look. Not a huge fan of the glowing tights though, but it suits the look.
 This is BIG. Loved the cleavage. I love cleavage. I do. And the color is amaaazing. The fact that all the models had natural looking make-up and tied-up hair  is great, otherwise I couldn't choose where to stare at.
 This look is one of my favorite ones of all time. The skirt. THE SKIRT is to die for. Love the hue, love the dip dye effect. It's the statement skirt of the show.
 I'm tired of saying "LOVED THIS!!" I'll just declare that I liked the whole collection. Loved it, actually. But the reason why I put this one here is that this is the perfect combination of the futuristic and classy look.
 The dress... I'm actually running out of new words to describe how much I appreciate Giorgio Armani, for this collection. Let's come back to the dress. The ripped-off look, the fabric, the pattern...
 The fish woman look (I don't even know if that one exists or not, well, whatever.) Now as you stare at the dress, it's all fine. But when your eyes go down and down, there is this NEON piece, and it's all about that little neon. It makes the dress go from cool to WOW.
 I. Just. Can't... This is SOO beautiful. And the fact that it even makes the model look a little curvy didn't bother me at all... The low-cut of the front is just peeerfect. Love love love.
 Some of the accessories that I liked... The gloves are so stylish. I want one, seriously.
 Matching glove and clutch.
I will probably see this one in my dreams tonight. Pure perfection.

Chanel
When it comes to Chanel... I can't be that objective. Not that it's my favorite brand of all times, because the respect I have for Karl Lagerfeld, is probably bigger than a whale. This year, the Chanel haute couture show is all about dark or pastel colors. The navy blue, the black, the ivy etc. What I loved the most was the over-dose of sequins (yes I LOVE sequins) and the neat looks.
See the colors? Exactly. The dip dye look, kinda, again. I actually loved this "deux-pieces" It's simple yet stylish. By the way, it's shiny too. Check the big versions of the pictures out.
It's a very classy and stylish dress. And kinda classic. But the hair? Well, I'm a fan of opposites.

I would totally wear this dress. It's pretentious yet sweet. Navy again.
I WANT THIS! This is plain awesome. And I'm not even comparing.
One of the most outstanding pieces of the show, in my very own opinion.  This is a very stylish and plain dress, but with the tulle details, it goes edgy. Loved the detail on the shoulder by the way.
If you don't know this detail, this year's Chanel spring/summer couture show was in an airplane. Not really, of course, but the decoration was like as if it happened in an airplane. Creative one, especially when we consider the colors used, it even reminds me of an airplane.

Christian Dior
Red, black and white would be sufficient to describe this show, but I'm dying to share some of the amazing pieces. Here we go.
 Black&white dress, would be quite simple without those amazing leather gloves.
 The lady-look. Loved the thing on her head.
 Another lady look.
 This is my favorite dress (if I don't include the gowns that you'll see in minutes). The dip dyed look again. The perfection of the classiness.
 Loved this!!
 Now, the dresses are about to go crazy. You've been warned. 
 OH
 MY
 GOODNESS
 THESE

ARE TO DIE FOR.

I'm not a fan of the 5-pages long posts so I'm gonna save some of the haute shows for later. And I'm going to start putting outfit posts too. Well, then thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment